Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE would commence the annual examinations for class 10 and 12 from this Saturday – February 15, 2020. Check out the important instructions regarding CBSE Board admit cards, dress code for exams, items allowed and other guidelines.
1. Admit Card or Roll Number is the most important document and students would not be allowed inside the examination hall without properly signed admit cards or roll numbers under any circumstances. The CBSE Admit Cards should have the signature of the student, student’s parent/ guardian as well as that of school’s principal. For private candidates, the space for School Principal’s signature would already be filled by authorised signatory.
2. Entry timing – all students must adhere to the reporting time. The board examinations would begin from 10:30 am and answer sheets would be distributed at 10:00 am at all the examination centres. Students would not be permitted to enter the examination hall beyond 9:30 am. All students and parents, hence must ensure that they report to the examination hall on time. – CBSE has also release the Exam Locator App to help you find your examination centre quickly.
3. Dress Code: Students must wear the school uniform. As for winter or summer uniforms, the students may choose as per the weather forecast. However, all students (regular) are advised to wear the school uniform to the examination centre. Private candidates, however, may wear weather appropriate casuals.
4. Items Allowed: Students would only be allowed to carry a clear pencil box/ pouch with pen, pencils and basic geometry box along with their admit cards and clip boards inside the examination hall. Students who have diabetes, however, are permitted to carry a snack and glucose tablets inside the examination hall. Water bottles are also permitted inside the examination halls.
5. Items not allowed: No student is allowed to carry any electronic item (mobile phones, smart watches, etc.) inside the examination centre. Printed material, books, text books, etc. would not be permitted inside the examination hall. All students are hence advised to leave all such devices outside.
6. As a special concession, CBSE has allowed calculators this year for students with special needs. Only the students, who are permitted and have the necessary certificates as per their PwD category, are permitted to carry a simple calculator inside the examination halls. All such students are required to carry the requisite certificates as well.
CBSE Board Examination for classes 10 and 12 would commence on February 15, 2020 and end by March 30, 2020. The results would be released online by first week of May 2020 for both classes 10 and 12.