CBSE Term 1 board exams for major subjects will begin on November 30 for Class 10 students and on December 1 for Class 12 students. This is the first time that CBSE is holding board exams twice -- Term 1 in November-December and Term 2 in March-April.
This exam is important in many ways since this is also the first time that board exams will see MCQs. If for some reason the second examination cannot be taken, then the marks obtained in the first examination will be made the basis of the result.
According to CBSE officials, this time the protocol has been made more strict, so that social distancing can also be followed at the time of the board exams. In these examinations, about 22 lakh students will appear for Class 10, while for Class 12, about 14 lakh candidates are likely to appear for the exam.
Before the commencement of the CBSE Term 1 board exam, it is important to know what kind of examinations are being held in Term 1 and whether necessary precautions are being taken by the board.
CBSE Term 1 board exam highlights
• Students will have to answer multiple choice questions in all subjects for this term and the objective papers will be of 90 minutes each
• The weather is cold. So, the start time of the examinations has been kept from 11:30 am. The correct answer of the choices will have to be filled in the OMR sheets for which only blue or black ink pen can be used.
• The number of examination centers has been doubled this time so that there is no crowd gathering at one place. Usually there are 7000 centers which has been increased to 14000 this time.
• Not more than 12 students will be allowed to sit in a class
• Examination centers have also been set only at such places which are close to the school or in the same school where the students study.
• If a student is away from his/her school due to any reason, then that student is also being specially allowed to take the examination at the center nearest to him/her on special request.
• This CBSE board exam will be held completely offline and there will be no option to appear for it online.
(Content Sourse : indiatoday)